We explain what this anti-aging and anti-inflammatory diet is all about, what functions the ingredients that compose it fulfills, and how you can include them in a menu to lose weight that, in addition, will leave your skin perfect!
Did you know that your skin reflects the state of your health? Have you ever wondered if wrinkles, oily skin, or dry legs have something to do with the food you eat? Dr. Nicholas Perricone, a renowned dermatologist in the United States, has shown that skin problems are related to inflammation in the body and that you can change this with your diet. But let’s go by parts, let’s first understand why the body becomes inflamed and how you can avoid this.
What is inflammation and how to avoid it?
Inflammation is a defense mechanism. If you hit your knee, it becomes red, swollen, and probably bruised. This is because blood flows to the affected area and pools to start the healing process. The same happens with the intake of certain foods, pollution, stress, and sun exposure. The body reacts by sending inflammatory agents to help process these situations.
With inflammation, the presence of free radicals is likely to increase. These are unstable atoms produced by the body to fight bacteria and viruses. To stabilize themselves, they seek to “steal” electrons from other atoms. When this happens, the atom that loses the electron becomes a free radical. Thus, a chain reaction occurs that can cause cell damage and accelerate the signs of aging.
To balance the presence of these atoms, antioxidant protection is necessary. Antioxidants are substances that release electrons into the blood. When free radicals capture these electrons, they become stable molecules, and consequently, cell damage is reduced. This is exactly what Dr. Perricone discovered: By eating a diet rich in antioxidants and high-quality protein, you can fight the signs of aging.
The Perricone 3 Day Diet
To increase your motivation and see almost immediate results, they recommend starting with the 3-Day Anti-Inflammatory Diet. Although it offers fewer ingredient options, in as little as 3 days you will notice improvements in the tone and firmness of your skin, and you may even lose a few pounds. It is a diet based on salmon, eggs, oatmeal, cantaloupe melon, red fruits, dark green leaves, some nuts, and extra virgin olive oil, among others. Click this link to access Dr. Perricone’s 3-Day Diet Menu.
The Perricone 28 Day Diet
As we explained, the 28-day diet is made up of superfoods, which have anti-inflammatory, healing, and rejuvenating properties. Different laboratories have shown that, among the benefits of changing your eating style to the one proposed by this doctor, are the reduction of wrinkles and the redefinition of facial contours.
The diet consists of eating 5 meals a day, that is, eating well and often. The ingredients are classified into 10 groups, which we detail later. Thus, you make sure you eat a balanced diet that includes macronutrients (proteins, carbohydrates, and fats) and micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, and trace elements). The latter has a peculiarity: we need them to function properly, but we are not capable of producing them. For this reason, we must ingest them through food or supplements.
This is one of the main reasons the diet suggests that you eat salmon or oily fish twice a day. These fish are rich in Omega 3, a fatty acid that provides numerous benefits to the body. Among them, it protects the cardiovascular and nervous systems, reduces inflammatory processes, maintains cognitive functions, regulates lipid metabolism, and preserves skin hydration and flexibility.
You might be interested to read: Instructions to get Free Digital Currencies
The 10 food groups:
- Omega 3: Present in fish (such as salmon, tuna, and trout), shellfish, turkey meat, and eggs.
- Fiber-rich fruits: Apples, pears, pineapples, strawberries, cherries, and red fruits.
- High-fat fruits: Avocados.
- Spices: Turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, oregano, ginger, cayenne pepper, and basil.
- Chilies and peppers.
- Seeds and nuts: Flaxseed, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts.
- Legumes: Beans and lentils.
- Probiotics: Yogurt and fermented non-fat dairy.
- Whole grains: Oats and barley.
- Greens and vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, mushrooms, chard, celery, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Sugar and its derivatives
- White flour or starch
- Hydrogenated fats (margarine, fatty cheeses, butter)
- Oils (only extra virgin olive oil is allowed)
- parsleys or props
- Some fruits (orange, mango, watermelon, papaya, banana, and grapes)
- Some vegetables (carrot, pumpkin, and potatoes)
- It is important that the products you consume are fresh and of good quality.
- Complement your diet with 30 minutes of physical exercise a day.
- Drink 8 glasses of water during the day and green tea infusions (you can sweeten it with stevia leaves).
You know, to be fit you need to exercise regularly and eat a nutritious and balanced diet. Go ahead and try the 28-day Perricone diet. Over time, you will likely acquire new eating habits that will give you well-being and much healthier skin.